Thursday, April 30, 2009

I'm so sorry!

Hello! I'm so sorry that I haven't been keeping up on this! It has been a week since I have written! We have actually been really busy which isn't usually the case around here! Every time I went to sit down and start blogging something stopped me or I just didn't feel like sitting at the computer for that long! I just really wanted to spend a lot of time with Rob this time while he was home! I missed him terribly while he was gone last time! I think I said that a time or two in early blogs! LOL! I got my Rob fix though and will hopefully be good to go this time while he is gone! It should help too that I'm going back to Ohio in a week! I only get to go for 4 days but it's better than nothing! We are super excited to go and everyone is super excited to see us! Can't wait!

Like I said the last week has actually been super busy! I'll start from the last time I blogged!

Friday, Hunter had a field trip to the Jackson Zoo and then went to a park in Madison for lunch and a little play time! I went on the field trip with him while Rob and Kaydee stayed home for a little father - daughter time! Hunter and I had a fun time at the zoo! His whole class stayed together and they actually got to see every animal in the zoo! It is really small! I want to say it is only a quarter of the size the Toledo Zoo! It was nice though! The only bad part is that it is in a not so good area! I'm sure we'll go back again sometime! After the zoo, we all went to the park! Hunter didn't really eat much lunch but that is like any kid! They just want to go and play! He had a really good time! Rob and Kaydee got a lot of cuddle time and play time in! They really needed that!

Friday night, Hunter had a friend from school stay the night! They had an awesome time together! They played a lot in Hunter's room with his toys and the Wii! His room was trashed by the time his friend left! It was nice to have one of Hunter's friends over though! He wasn't bored and it kept Kaydee entertained too! She was very intregied by his friend! The only bad part was them not going to sleep until after midnight and then they were up at 7 am! It wouldn't have been so bad if Hunter hadn't come in to demand breakfast! Oh well! I will do it again sometime! Hunter and his friend had a really good time!

Saturday, We really didn't do a whole lot! We went to the store to get a few things! We decided to grill out and make my mom's awesome potato salad! Yum! Yum! So Rob grilled the steak and I made the potato salad! After dinner we took the kids down to the pond to do a little fishing! I caught a fish and Rob, well he caught something! LOL! I'll leave it a suprise! You'll see it in the pics below! I gave the kids the bath so they were nice and clean for church the next morning! Then I got all of the clothes ready for church! We attempted to go to bed early! It worked for me but Rob no! He tossed and turned a lot! Sorry, baby!

Sunday, We went to the church we were invited to! We were not at all sure about the church still! On the day the pastor came to visit us he told us about a dinner that they were having that night! On the way to church Rob said that he really didn't want to go to the dinner! I was fine with that! I still wasn't that sure about going to Sunday school! I thought that was only for kids still in school! I guess not!

We walked into the room were everyone meets and immediately started talking to a couple that were around our age! Then we were introduced to a few other people! By the time we went to the class we had already met 5 or 6 people! Then in the class a few more people came up to talk to us! It was really nice that we were meeting all of the people however it was very hard to remember all of their names! At the beginning of our class the pastor of course introduced us to the whole class! Then it was on, everyone wanted to meet us! I really had a hard time with names then! I remembered a few though thankfully!

After class we went to church! The mass (I'm not sure what they call it! That is what I know it as!) was a lot like a Catholic mass! Stand up, sit down, sing, listen to the pastor speak! I actually liked it and so did Rob! Hunter was bored but he's a kid! There wasn't too much interaction for the kids! After it was over we had a few more people come and talk to us! One couple, that I now know but didn't remember that the time, Benji and Joy, came to talk to us! A few other couples talked to us also! It was so nice meeting all of these people that we decided we would go to the dinner that the church was having! Rob and I sort of laughed about it later! We were expecting it to be different, I think, and it was actually really nice!

The dinner was really nice! We met more people that I can't really remember what there names are right at the moment! I'll know them soon though! LOL! I actually told Rob during the dinner that it was like we were the new puppy and everyone wanted to play with us! It was kind of nice! We really like the church and all of the people that attend! The kids really seemed to like it too! Hunter told us that he liked it and wants to keep going back! He actually made some friends after the dinner that were helping him shoot baskets! He didn't want to go home! Miss Kaydee seemed to like it also because she didn't cry when we dropped her off in the toddler room! We all dropped her off for Sunday school and then after the dinner they had an adult sermen so the kids had to go to different areas! I took Kaydee to her area and she didn't cry when I left her! Hopefully she will be ok this week also! She has gotten to know some of the people so I think she'll be ok!

Monday, Rob, Kaydee and I went to John and Anna Claire's to meet a guy that Rob works with on the rig! He was buying John's 4-wheeler! Rob wanted to introduce us to him! We were there for most of the morning! I very stupidly forgot to put sunscreen on Kaydee and she got a little red! It wasn't too bad and I couldn't tell if it was bothering her or not! She has been really crankly lately! I'm sure it has a lot to do with her 2 year molars coming in but it could've been the sunburn too! It didn't seem to bother her when I touch it though so I don't know! She's a girl and was probably just having one of those days! We all have them from time to time! LOL!

After dinner we went on a drive to find a look out point over the Resevior that John and Anna Claire were telling us about! It is an awesome view of the Resevior! I had pics of it but they are on Rob's phone and he is gone so I obviously can't put them on here! I'll put them up after he comes home though!

Tuesday, We really didn't do a whole lot! It was more of a relaxing day! We may have gone to the store but that was it! We tried to fish! I say tried because we didn't catch anything! They just don't want to bite anymore! LOL!

Wednesday, Hunter was suppose to have blood drawn for his retest for his platelet dysfunction! However I didn't realize we were suppose to go in the morning because the test the person was doing took a few hours to do! We didn't go until after Hunter got out of school and that was too late! We found out when we got there that the person who was drawing the blood was also doing the test! She is the best person in the state that knows all about Hunter's dysfunction! She knows exactly what to do with the blood when she gets it! Not that the other people didn't but I think she may have a little better understanding of it! She actually explained to me exactly what she was going to do and it was actually interesting! However since I was too late we had to go back today! Let me tell you about that now! LOL!

Today, I took Hunter and Kaydee back to the hospital first thing this morning! Hunter was all ready to have the blood drawn until he watch the other kids giving blood! I kept telling him to sit down and play his D.S. but he was really curious I guess! When we got into the room he started to freak out and when we weren't paying attention he bolted out of the room! I then had to chase him around the waiting room until someone finally came out the help me! It was a bigger waiting room because it was in the children's cancer part of the hosptial (NO he doesn't have cancer that is just where hematology is)! It was really hard to catch him! The person doing the test came out to help me and another lady who actually helped keep him distracted while they were drawing the blood helped too! We ended up going back to a room that a patient of the hospital would go to and had 5 people in their working on something with him! The person doing the test held him, another talked to him, another held his hand really still, the one actually drawing the blood and the last one was filling the vials! It was oh so much fun! I got payed back for my stunt with my mom when it came to getting my 5 year old shots! I did the same thing to her! I'm sorry mom! I wish I wouldn't have! LOL! Oh well it is done and hopefully we won't have to do it again! I'm not sure when I will find out the results but I'll blog about it as soon as I know!

Kaydee and I also went on a lunch date with a couple of ladies from the church! We had a lot of fun! We went to one of the parks in the area and had a picnic lunch! Kaydee got to play on the playground for a little while too! It was so nice to have a little adult interaction for a change! I'm glad I am finally meeting people! It makes it a lot better down here!

Ok this was really long! I'm so sorry! I figure I should let you all know what has been going on around here! I'll post more tomorrow! I'll take some more pics of the kids too! I haven't really posted a lot of just them lately! Well before you fall completely asleep from reading all of this I will stop! LOL! Enjoy the pics!!

No comments:

Post a Comment