Oh what a day! This was a very eventful day! I'm not quite sure where I should beginning! I guess the beginning is a good place!
Hunter had a doctor's appointment this afternoon with a hematologist! We needed to get him set up with a hematologist down here so his appointments were kept up to date and everything! We also talked with his pediatrician about possibly getting him retested for his platelet dysfunction! We aren't all together sure that he still has it! After seeing the hematologist we are now a lot more certain that their is a chance that he is fine and doesn't have anything wrong! The doc said that their is a chance that the first blood test he had done could've been a false positive! I guess there are certain things that need to be in place while drawing the blood! One being that he should not be screaming his bloody head off which Hunter was! I don't blame him or anything! I screamed bloody murder and tried to stop the nurse from taking me into a room when it came to getting my 5 year shots! So I really can't say anything! The other thing is the blood has to be drawn a certain way! I know that they didn't really pick a particular spot to draw the blood! They just picked whatever vein was available which is probably what I would've done! That being the case the doc is going to send us to the Children's Hospital to have a nurse that knows exactly what she is doing in these cases to draw the blood! We are suppose to go later this week or early next week! So keep your fingers crossed that everything will come back normal and he doesnt' actually have a platelet dysfunction! I have to say too the doc is awesome! He was very nice and explained everything to us really well! I'm glad to have such a great doc!
After we got home from the doc's office we had dinner and decided to go fishing and feed the family of geese! Rob and Hunter started fishing while Kaydee and I took a walk around the pond to feed the geese! We caught up with the little family (Mama, Dada and babies) on the other side of the pond! The Mama and Dada weren't that happy with us at first! I got a little to close to them and the babies! They were hissing at me! I started feeding them though and they were a little better until I ran out of bread and Kaydee got a little to close! We got out of there real quick after that! I didn't want Kaydee's favorite animal to go after her! She doesn't need to be afraid of them! The babies are really cute though! We will have to go down there and feed them a lot more often!
We met up with Rob and Hunter after we were done! Rob let me fish for a little bit! I never actually got into fishing that much before but it's not so bad now! It isn't so bad partially because I caught two fish today! The funny part about it is that I caught the first one with a broken rod! LOL! When I was casting the hook the top part of the rod flew off into the water with the line! I was reeling it in when a fish decided to come with it! LOL! I was so excited! I have never caught a fish before! It was sort if exilerating! LOL! Then a couple of minutes later I caught another one! That was cool! Maybe I should just go ahead and join the Bass Masters! LOL! Rob would have to go with me though because there is NOOOOOOOO way I am taking the fish off the hook! LOL! That is just gross!
Then the gross part of our day! Our little Miss Kaydee saw a dead fish that was sitting next to Rob and Hunter! Yes, she did what you are thinking! She picked it up! I was fishing about 10 feet from Hunter and Rob and happen to look over at her right as the fish was falling out of her hands! I wasn't sure what it was exactly! I asked Rob what she just picked up and he looked down and said aaahhh crap! She picked up the dead fish! We immediatly went back to the apartment to clean her up! Rob held her hands out so she couldn't put them anywhere near her mouth! I cleaned her hands up and decided that she just needed a bath! I needed to be sure the smell wasn't anywhere on her and that part of it wasn't anywhere on her! YUCK!
The last event of the day! I promise! This is getting really long! LOL! We had a little vistor! I was cleaning up the shoes by the door when all of the sudden I saw something crawl under the couch with a really long tail! Rob was sitting on the couch and immediately got up! I of course just wanted it out so Rob flipped the couch up and we saw it sitting underneath Kaydee's high chair! It was a salamandor, Rob thought! Ok it wasn't as big as I thought it was! I took a pic of it! Sorry it is a little blurry! Rob used the end of his fishing rod and sort of pushed it out the door! That freaked me out! I know we might see a lot of that down here! I really just don't want them in my apartment! I shiver just thinking about it! LOL!
I hope you enjoyed reading about our eventful day down here in good old Mississippi! I'm going to go and relax a little! I'll write more tomorrow! Enjoy the pics! Love you all! Bye!
Tuesday, April 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment